Tuesday 12 February 2013

The Blind Orchestra

Had to stop myself from becoming emotional as I watched a group of blind adults, sporting matching orange t-shirts, set up their instruments whilst I was teaching first hour last Saturday. I watched as each class filed in and knew that a big event was about to happen.

 The music started off pretty tamely, with some people singing whilst others played. The Nursery children still seemed to love it though.
 As things started to hot up, Jess and I moved forward and the children were eager to leave their places too. Even the teachers couldn't help but edge forward when the movie songs started and one of the boys was called forward to dance. Soon everyone was screaming. The atmosphere was so surreal and Jess and I couldn't contain our excitement.




Eventually most of the children were on their feet dancing away to the music and after showing some of the children some of our moves, we fought our way to the front to show the whole school our attempt at Bollywood dancing. So embarrassing, but the kids loved it! 
Really cannot explain how much energy was in the air (and I'm supposed to be typing a grammar book so I'm feeling a bit guilty for blogging!), but hopefully this video gives you the idea. I really couldn't believe what was happening to our usually regimented school!




No comments:

Post a Comment