Saturday 19 January 2013

Travelling Take Two.




Have just returned from my second tour since beginning in India. Seeing as this blog is more about my year teaching than my travelling, I just thought I'd show you all a few photos to let you all know what I've been up to. My new partner arrives on Monday so now I've got to do a quick turn around and lots of cleaning before she arrives!
On the toy train to Ooty after visiting Kannur to see a Theyyam ritual.


One of the many stops on the toy train to take in the beautiful views. The miniature train is pushed up rather than pulled and it's popular with Indian tourists - especially newlyweds so lots of henna-ed hands and feet in our carriage!
Elephants seen from the bus down from Mysore. This sighting made up for the ridiculously windy roads and very fast bus!

Sound and light show at Mysore Palace.

Different powders and kumkum in the market in Mysore

Prayer beads

Bangle heaven

Mysore Palace



3 comments:

  1. Earthmoving Parts-Kerala
    Hat’s off. Well done, as we know that “hard work always pays off”, after a long struggle with sincere effort it’s done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very excited about our visit and trip to Mysore. What a wonderful market. I can feel a display coming on! You have provided a fascinating insight of local culture and traditions to date and we are very proud of all you have achieved. Keep positive.
    Lots of love, Mum, Dad & Josh xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you are having a wonderful experience! Enjoy yourself, lots of love Ali, Rog and kids xx

    ReplyDelete