Monday 31 December 2012

In the festive spirit!


Somehow managed to get a post Christmas illness, so I'm a few days late in typing this, but had an amazing Christmas weekend relaxing with my Indian mom and dad, and it truly felt like Christmas with family - sorry mom and dad! It's almost time for the New Year celebrations, so I've uploaded some photos for you all. Hope everyone at home had a Christmas that was as lovely and peaceful as mine. Thank you B and S. X

Sugathi (left), who helped me to pick our five beautiful sarees and cooked amazing food which I miss already!
Bharavi (right), who spoke many wise words of wisdom, introduced me to a super Hindi film (Jab We Met - check it out!), arranged a fun itinerary for me, and shares my love of coffee!
Didn't manage to snap a sneaky photo of Abhilash (Bharavi and Sugathi's son) who ferried me around (taking a motorbike in a saree through Hyderabad was so fun!), is the king of train ticket booking and took us to a Telugu film - yes, two foreign films in one weekend!
 

One of my new sarees, which Sugathi helped me to sew so that I could wear it on Christmas day. This is the beautiful view from their balcony.
Christmas eve, carols at a church, after one of Sugathi's delicious meals. We heard songs from Jingle Bell Rock to Mary Did You Know, my favourite carol from school!


Splashed out on a Western meal in a fancy hotel on Christmas day with two of the Hyderabad volunteers, Holly and Alice.
Now it's time to go and find out what tomorrow has in store for me. From all the money we've collected, I think that there could be a lot of cake. Wishing you all a Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment