Thursday 8 November 2012

Letter to the UK


During the quarterly exams, I would often sit at the front of the class writing letters, which would always lead to "Letter ma'am? Letter?" from the intrigued children. So last week, when I wrote on the board 'A Letter to the U.K.' the excitement almost made me laugh out loud. Although it may have taken a week to explain the task, brainstorm ideas, and write out letters by filling in the gaps from template I wrote on the blackboard, I'm glad I persevered. A thick envelope of the best letters and pictures of Tangutur is finally on its way to Ms Westrup (mum) of Rydon Community College in the U.K. If they make it, we are hoping to set up a link between Sri Chaitanya and Rydon through letters, in which the students can ask each other questions to find our more about a completely different way of life. I'll keep you posted on how things are going!

No comments:

Post a Comment