Monday 6 May 2013

Update from Jaipur: Gangnam-2013

Hi all,

After several weeks without access to my blog I feel like I have a lot to tell you all. The few weeks after my family's visit flew by. Our annual function was a huge success with over fifty dances performed to more than two thousand attendees. One of those dances, a type of classical Indian dancing called Bharatanatyam, was the welcome song, 'Swagatham suswagatham' performed by some ninth class girls...




...and Katie Madam and Jess Madam. I'll admit that the photo is a little frightening - not sure if we can pull off the black wigs, flourescent green dresses and painted on eyebrows - but the experience was such good fun. I enjoyed everything from the daily dance practices with the dance master (see above middle) to having my face painted on by the make up artists to kneeling with my hands together in my final position of the dance. Feel so privileged that I was asked to take part - a real highlight of my year!

Some more photos from the anniversary function 'Gangnam-2013'
Jess and I with our 'best teacher' badges (we wish!)
'The Sri Chaitanya High School Madams'

All of the staff

Gangnam  Style withVenkayamma Madam!


Ramana Sir showing off his moves!

1 comment:

  1. PS. Will get my hands on a video of the dance when I'm back in Tangutur!

    ReplyDelete